Introduced in v5.1, this module enables biobanks to track inventory of supplies e.g processing kits, collection kits, assay kits, collection containers etc.
- Supplies can be assigned per study or site
- Can be configured to automatically deplete based on rules defined on specimens collection steps.
- Supports barcoded and non-barcoded supplies.
- Sends reminders for low supply count and expiry dates
It consists of:
- Supply types: This defines a template for each type of supply. E.g. collection kit for 'pre-op' event of a study, PPE, surgical implements, labels, etc.
- Supplies: These are the actual items that you want to track. Supplies are linked to a 'Supply Type'.
- Site: where you will store the supplies.
- Supplies can have expiry date, barcode (optional), and CP and site restrictions.
- Notifications: Are sent based on the expiry date or if a site is running out of supplies (i.e. low quantity).
- Supply module can be accessed by super admins or users with "Supply" privileges.
How to navigate to Supplies?
To access the supplies module navigate to the 'Home' page → Click on 'Supplies' card.
By default, supplies is accessible only to super-admins. If you wish to give supply privileges to any other user:
- As super administrator, go to 'Roles'
- Edit an existing 'Role' or 'Add' a new Role
- Include the "Supplies" resource along with the appropriate privileges
- Refer to Roles and Privileges for more details