When upgrading to a newer version of OpenSpecimen, you might encounter any of the following errors to name a few:
- org.hibernate.DuplicateMappingException: Duplicate query mapping
- org.hibernate.InvalidMappingException: Could not parse mapping document from input stream
- org.hibernate.DuplicateMappingException: Duplicate collection role mapping
These errors occur because of the presence of duplicate JAR files in the OpenSpecimen plugins directory. This is a bug in the OpenSpecimen installer and will be fixed in future release builds.
Follow the below steps to solve the problem:
- Change directory to the OpenSpecimen plugins directory.
- Delete all the older versions of the plugin JAR files whilst retaining the JAR files of higher versions or whose version matches that of OpenSpecimen.
- Restart OpenSpecimen.