Example: User wants to find participants for a serum biomarker study. User searches for lung cancer patients for whom a serum sample was collected on both 'pre-operative' and '30-120 day post operative' time points as well as a primary tumor tissue sample has been collected.
The example query file can be imported by downloading this file-Query File
Here are the steps how to create a query for this task:
- Select Queries from Dashboard and Click on '+Create'. Click on Specimen and select Gender- Select 'All' under the operator.
To add a time point for sample collection, click on 'Visit', select 'Clinical Status, and enter 'Pre-Operative' as a value.
To add sample type, click on Specimen and select type which in this case would be serum.
As these samples are already collected, click on specimen and select collected under 'Collection Status'.
- To collect serum samples post surgery, select 'Serum' as a value for 'Type' and 'Collected' under 'Collection Status'.
- Click on Visit and select 'Clinical Status'. As these are serum samples collected after surgery, select 'Post-Operative' as condition value.
- Click on Specimen and select 'Collection Date'. Click on 'Exist' as value and select 'Parameterized Filter'. This will provide user with an option to select various date intervals between 30-120 days post-surgery.
- In order to add the third type of sample derived from the same patient, click on Specimen and select 'Anatomic Site'. As this is from lung cancer patient, select 'Lung NOS' as condition value.
- Click on 'Type' under Specimen and select ' Frozen Tissue' as value.
- To add a condition for the collected sample, click on 'Pathological Status' under Specimen and select 'Malignant' as value.
- Follow the same steps as before and add a value for the 'Collection Status'.
- As these are three different type of samples from same group of patient, user need to add the intersection operator between the patient group and different type of samples,in this case it includes serum and tumor tissues.